Monday, September 30, 2024

Alex mail 09-30-2024: "Joy in the work"

 

What's good everyoneeeee! Hope it was another great week! We're already at another transfer day I can't believe it! Time just be going too fast I can't believe I'll hit 14 months next week 😭  Elder Hunter and I have just been grinding though and having so much fun! We should be running it back this next transfer so we're just gonna keep cooking!

 The highlight of this week was by far the 5 baptisms we were able to have on Sunday after church! Our friends Saira and her 2 sons William and Jordan, and then Diego and his brother Jesus! They all sacrificed a ton to get baptized, Saira wasn't married but as soon as she heard she needed to live the law of chastity to keep God's commandments, she basically kicked her boyfriend out so she and her sons could get baptized! And then Jesus and Diego were able to set the example for their parents Mayra and Jorge, who still aren't married, but are in the process of getting there, and their sons are amazing examples of faith! President and Hermana Webb were also able to be there which made it super special! Definitely a day that I will remember for the rest of my life! There's nothing better in this world than helping people come unto their Heavenly Father and make covenants with Him!

We got to do a couple more exchanges this week, one with my boys out in Sauzalito and one with Elder Dayley and Elder Sanchez here in our same ward of Boulevard!  In Sauzalito, I got to see my dawg Elder Horoba, from the MTC but, I went with his comp Elder Burke! I think that was one of the funniest exchanges I've ever gone on.  He's hilarious and had me laughing all day! With both exchanges we focused a lot on being direct and helping people see the blessings of baptism in all we do! I'm so grateful for the amazing missionaries we have in our zone it's been so amazing to work with them this past transfer and can't wait for what's on the way!!

Finally, just wanted to end with some Elder Hunter bars from the week! The first thing he said while we were contacting a super Catholic lady was "we're not here to change your religion, we're here to change your blessings. There's only one way to live with your family forever, don't miss your chance".  And the second was "Everyone always says, God is always with us and of course that's true, but what are we doing ourselves to be with God?"  These quotes from my comp really stood out to me and I can testify that they are true! This went along perfectly with my study in Come Follow Me this week.  I love the story of Christ's personal appearance in the Americas and His personal ministry!  I love that He invites each person to come unto him, one by one, until all had a personal testimony that He is our Savior! I testify that Christ is ready to give us the same opportunity, we simply have to do our part!  Don't miss your chance, now is the perfect time to be all in!  Love you all, and have a fantastic week and an AMAZING GENERAL CONFERENCE LETS GOOOOOOOO!! 🥳🥳 

Love, Elder McDonald

Word of the Week: Peso (Weight) my dawg Elder Burke benched 315 before the mission 🤯 bros a tank lol

Invitation of the Month: FOLLOW THE SPIRIT!!  This week with general conference is a perfect opportunity to receive personal revelation and follow the promptings of the Spirit! I promise as you constantly seek to follow the Spirit in your life, greater miracles await!

**DAWGS / Elder BURKE**

*Baptism of Saira, William, and Jordan! / Jesus in the Americas*

*Baptism of Jesus and Diego! / Mayra, Jorge, Jesus, Diego*

*Bautismo con Todos!*












*Member made keychain 🥹 /Classic Mexico Vibes*

No comments:

Post a Comment