Monday, September 25, 2023

Alex mail 9-25-2023 "Welcome to Washington DC!"

 


Howdy howdy!! I hope you all have had a fantastic week! This past week has been wilddd - we've had a ton of stuff go on! I’ve officially made it to the mission field! But before I get to all that let's go back to the last few days in the MTC!

Last Sunday was super spiritual and awesome! We met with President and Sister Marquis (our branch presidents) a lot and they're both so spiritual and loving! Definitely going to miss the go-and-do experience.  I learned a ton about how the Spirit speaks to me! I invite you all to search for how the Spirit speaks to you individually it definitely makes a difference!

On Tuesday we were assigned service in the cafeteria and let me tell ya, those tables have never been cleanerrrr. Elder Horoba, McNeill, Mabey, and I were the dream-team haha. That night for our general authority devotional we had Elder Nash and his wife! They talked about what our missionary purpose truly means and how we can live the doctrine of Christ as we teach it! Super awesome as always!

Wednesday was last day of the MTC and it was tough to say goodbye to our district and teachers who we've come to love so much these past 6 weeks. Our last class we had a testimony meeting and the Spirit was so strong!! I'm so grateful for the missionaries I was placed with, I know it was inspired by God! Each one helped me grow so much - love them all! Also Wednesday night was my friend's first day in the MTC so got to see him before I left the next day! I also had him give me a blessing which was so cool and powerful! I've loved my time at the MTC I learned so much and I am so grateful for the Spirit I was able to feel there!

Thursday was travel day and it started off at 4:00AM leaving the MTC for the airport. A few bus and train-rides later, we made it to the airport and then waited forever for my flight haha. I flew from Salt Lake to Washington, DC and got to travel with like 20 other missionaries! When we landed, we met our mission president and his wife (President and Sister Clarke) and they're so kind and loving!! We drove to the mission home, had dinner and a meeting, and then we were taken to a hotel and it was moneyyy sleeping in a big bed again hahaha!

Friday we got up and went to the Lincoln memorial! Super cool to see it and all the main memorials and monuments around it! After we were each given a book of Mormon and split up into groups of 5 on the subway. We had a 30 minute ride and were tasked with talking to someone and hopefully share the book of Mormon with them! After a while no one was on our train and so I said a quick prayer for Heavenly Father to give me someone to share the gospel with, and right after, a guy got on and I felt prompted to talk to him! His name was AJ and he was a legend! He was super nice and pretty interested in the church and I was able to give him the book of Mormon! I know that God has a plan and if we just let him direct us and have the courage to do His work he will lead us! After we went to the temple visitor center and saw the outside of the temple, super beautiful! Then went to the mission office and I met my companions! I'm in a trio, my trainer is Elder Keoster (pronounced Custer) and Elder Sanders! They're both super awesome and really patient with me learning haha. After, we went back to our area which is Odenton, Maryland! It's a pretty small city and mostly neighborhoods but I'm excited!  The only downside is I’m in an English-speaking area so I won’t get to use Spanish as much but it’s all good!  I know God needs me here and I trust his plan!

Saturday was pretty rainy, so we didn't get to be outside as much as we wanted but still got in some good work! On Sunday we went to church and the ward is awesome! It's pretty big and the members are really awesome so hopefully we'll be able to work with them a lot to find others to teach!

Sorry for the long email, haha, but just a quick spiritual thought - It's definitely been tough adjusting to in field missionary life but I testify that God cares about us so much and is always aware of us! Every single time I have prayed for his strength, love, and comfort and I have seen it! Turn to him and I promise he will be there!

Love you all have a great week! Feel free to reach out with anything at all!!

Love, Elder McDonald

Word of the Week: Milagros (miracles) I know Miracles are around us daily! God is pouring out blessings into our lives we just have to look for them and accept them!

Invitation of the Month: FOLLOW THE PROPHET!! General conference is this week woohooo!! I invite you all to take some time this upcoming weekend and listen to the words of our prophet! If you don't know how to watch or what conference is, reach out to me or another friend we'd love to teach ya!

Pics:
1. Artistic rendition of district 08-P
2. My dawggg Tanner Jay!!
3. The boys
4. Hermano Bond
5. Hermana Lopez
6. Hermana Hatch
7 and 8. DC!
9. Lincoln Memorial
10. Washington Monument
11. World War 2 Memorial
12. Subway
13. Washington DC Temple
14. Christ statue in Visitors center 
15. New missionaries with President!









No comments:

Post a Comment